It's Been Too Long

 Revelation 3:19-21


19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.[a] Therefore be [b]zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.


It’s Been Too Long

By Michael Orr


It’s been too long since we have talked

About the places you have walked

The fears, the cares, the worries too

The things you plan, the things you do


It’s been too long since you have read

My words to you while still in bed

Or took them in your day throughout

To teach you, reach you, break your doubt


It’s been too long since you have served 

Fulfilling labors I’ve reserved

To keep you doing all that’s good

And help you live the way you should


It’s been too long since you have cried

About your sins for which I died

So I can break your stony heart

And from your stubbornness depart


It’s been too long so I appeal

Let ears be open to my will

There’s so much more for you to hear

That moment when I draw you near


It’s been too long but now’s the day

To come to me and find your way

Behold I knock, so let me in

And I will make you whole again 


Comments

Popular Posts