To all my friends and family...

To all my friends and family...

The person in you
By Michael Orr
I love the dreamer in you...
That looks over the horizon to uncharted lands,
That brings light to the world with heart and with hands,
That never lets doubt dim your heart’s true desire,
That carries with you an unquenchable fire.
I love the fighter in you...
That labors 'til night and starts over at morn,
That fights every battle though weary and worn,
That stands for the right though alone and afraid,
That keeps fighting on when no progress is made.
I love the helper in you...
That helps and delivers when helping is needed,
That keeps on returning when want is repeated ,
That sits at the feet of the troubled and lost,
That loves the afflicted no matter the cost.
I love the giver in you...
That gives of your time to the ones that you care for,
That offers support to the people you’re there for,
That knows generosity better than most,
That gives from your heart to the people you host.
Dreamer, Fighter, Helper, Giver... I love the person in you.

Comments

Popular Posts