The sun is always somewhere


“The Might One, God the Lord, has spoken and called the earth from the rising of the sun to its going down. Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God will shine forth.” – Psalm 50:1-2


I love waking up early enough to see the sunrise. There’s something about seeing the glow of it in the first morning light that satisfies my soul. Of course, the sun is not always visible throughout the day. It rises and falls without fail every day.

Still, it’s our perception of the sun that changes, not the sun itself. Whether it’s a dark, cloudy day or a starry night, the sun is always somewhere even when it’s beyond our view. Regardless of our perspective, the sun is still in the sky and it’s not going anywhere.

Sometimes I don’t see Gods presence in the world. Sometimes He seems so far from my view that I wonder where He’s gone. I wonder if He’s left because of my sinfulness, or my lack of faith, or maybe He’s just left me on my own.

None of that is true. My perspective of God may change, but He doesn’t. He’s promised to love me, to hear my cry, to help and comfort me in dark times. Like the sun, God is always somewhere, if I look hard enough for His presence.

So maybe when we wonder where He is, it’s our perspective that needs to change. After all, God hasn’t gone anywhere.

Look to Him, because He is here, ready to greet you with the morning sun.


God bless this week,
Michael

Comments

Popular Posts