The Best Hiding Place

The Best Hiding Place


For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters
They shall not come near him.
You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. 


Psalm 32:6-7



Hide and seek is primarily a game played by children. The simple object of the game is not the point. One person seeks and the others hide is no mystery. What is difficult is finding a person who has the ‘perfect’ hiding place. I often sought to find that place when I played as a kid, and when I did I had a sense of peace knowing that no one could find me.


Do you ever wish for a place like that? A place where all the troubles and cares of this world can’t disturb your peace? A place so far removed from this life that it is truly a place of refuge? The thing is, that place is not physical but it does exist. The Psalmist claims that even in a “flood of great waters, they shall not come near him.” We pray to God to be preserved from trouble, to be delivered by His love.


Of course, this text is followed by the earnest plea for us to ask for forgiveness of our sins and come before God humbly. We cannot hide from the devastation of this life if we are hiding our sins within us. Our hiding place with God tolerates no stubborn refusal to acknowledge our sin struggles. It is a place of truth, of Godliness, and of peacefulness granted to us by God through Jesus Christ.


So if you’re looking for a hiding place to find refuge in this life, look no further than God’s presence through prayer and devotion to Him. I guarantee you that no one will be able to keep you from it.


God Bless this week,

Michael


Comments

Popular Posts