When God's in Control

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.  

  • Galatians 5:22-23



When God’s in Control

By Michael Orr


If peace were an egg that was easily broken, 

By a struggle or trial or word that was spoken,

It wouldn’t be peace, for the peace I possess, 

Is unbreakable, unshakeable, under any duress.


If hope were a feather that floated away,

With a gale of uncertainty on a dark, windy day,

It wouldn’t be hope, for my hope is a tether

To a tree firmly planted in life’s stormy weather.


If love were a flower that died overnight,

When the cold of indifference o’ershadowed the light,

It wouldn’t be love, for the love I’ve beheld,

Cannot be deflated, destroyed, or derailed.


If faith were a candle that melted and waned,

As it burned out with doubt so that nothing remained

It wouldn’t be faith, for my faith is a flame,

Ignited by trust that I place in His name.


For in peace and in hope, in faith and in love,

I look to the Lord and His Spirit above,

So if darkness abounds and troubles my soul,

I have all that I need when God’s in control.


Comments

Popular Posts