I didn't like...

Psalm 118:23-24

This was the Lord’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

I didn’t like…
By Michael Orr

I didn’t like the rain you sent, it made my day so dismal,
And now when I look to the sky, the world seems so abysmal,
Lord, if you’d send more sunny days, I’d be so glad, you see,
For the storms you sent are too intense, too difficult for me.

It was for you I sent the rain, the Lord replied in kind,
You needed dark and dismal days to clear your clouded mind
For now you’re forced to look within and face the truth you’re hiding,
That all the storms that threaten you have been in you residing.

I didn’t like the sun today, it was too hot and searing,
For the light takes shadow from my heart, and that’s what I’ve been fearing,
The happy days and blissful thoughts seem too good to be true,
And manifests my weariness in all I see and do

It was for you I sent the sun, to clear away the lies,
And purify hypocrisy that you know we both despise,
For brighter days won’t mean a thing if you deny the right,
For the darkness hides the joy in you when you block out the light.

I didn’t like the cold today, it chilled me to the bone,
It isolated me inside, and made me feel alone,
If only you could make the weather perfect every season,
The things you send into my life would not seem so uneven.

It was for you I sent the cold, to make you seek my shelter,
To find the warmth you need from me, your one and only helper,
For warmth or cold or rain or shine, within you’ll be okay,
If you decide to come to Me, and in my presence stay.  

Oh, Lord I thank you for the day, no matter what it brings,
And now in times both bright and dark, my heart within me sings,
Though all the world seems out of place, my eyes can clearly see,

That rain or shine, if you are mine, it’s wonderful to me.

Comments

Popular Posts