Be Still


Be Still by Michael Orr

Be still, He said, and listen…Oh Lord, I don’t see when!
 I’m running all the time and every day I run again.
If you could help me catch a break from all I need to do,
I’d gladly stop and listen up, be more than happy to.

Be still, He said, and listen…if only, Lord, I could!
But I must keep my pace up now to do the greater good
If you could send somebody else to serve and love for me
I’d sit and listen all day long, just wait and you will see

Be still, He said and listen…Lord, you don’t understand!
I’m tired, beaten down from all the work done by my hand
My mind is blank when silence comes, my heart closed off from prayer,
There’s nothing left within me now to find the will to care.

Be still, He said, and listen…Oh, Lord, what can I do?
I don’t know how to stop but I will try it now for you.
I’ll slow my heart and slow my mind and hear the words you say,
I’ll listen to your voice alone so speak to me, I pray

Be still, He said, and listen…and I will give you peace
From all the busyness of life you think will never cease
I’ll give you strength and hope in every trial that you face
Release the burdens of your mind and fill your heart with grace

Dear Lord, at last I listened…and now I understand
That all the burdens of my heart are lifted by your hand
In prayer and in reflection I will make the time right now
To just be still and listen…O Lord please show me how.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [f]gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Comments

Popular Posts